In 2013, Artspace teamed up with Tautai Contemporary Pacific Arts Trust to establish a new education internship at the gallery. Ioana Gordon-Smith is the education intern dedicated to working with students and teachers to provide an engaging and relevant experience of contemporary art.
Integral to the new education programme is fostering a relationship with local schools in the community.
• Artspace welcomes visits from school groups of all ages.
• When possible, we can also provide a tour or introductory talk about the current exhibitions.
• Please contact Ioana ahead of time if you are planning on bringing a school group to Artspace.
• You can download an education resource for the current exhibition here.
• The resource provides information about the exhibition, artists’ biographies, possible discussion questions, pre- and post-visit activities, and additional reading suggestions.
Artist-led education programmes
We are working on education programmes that will allow students to work closely with artists to develop their skills in a particular medium over a four-five week period. We aim to work together with schools in discussing the appropriate age group, subject group and dates for these programmes.
If you would like more information about developing an artist-led education programme at your school or have any other education queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 09 303 4965 Monday – Thursday.